We take your privacy seriously.
1. The collection, management and use of your personal information by the University of Newcastle (“we”, “our”, and “us”) is governed by our Privacy and Information Access Policy and Privacy Management Plan. To the extent of any inconsistency between this Privacy Statement and our Privacy and Information Access Policy, the policy will prevail. We will only collect, use and disclose your information in accordance with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW) and where applicable, the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 (NSW).
What is the Healthy Eating Quiz (HEQ)?
2. The University of Newcastle has established the Healthy Eating Quiz™ (the Quiz), a diet quality score that measures the variety of healthy foods you usually eat. The Quiz is designed to give you a general overview of the nutritional quality of the food you usually eat and is based on commonly eaten foods in Australia.
Am I eligible to participate?
3. Individuals can participate in the Quiz as an individual user. You can complete the Quiz online, and you will receive a “real time” individual report. Anyone aged 18 years and over may choose to access the Quiz, and a parent or legal guardian of a person aged 2 to 17 years may access on their behalf, the Quiz. Remember, you can only participate if you are living in or visiting Australia at the moment.
What information about you do we collect and what do we hold?
4. So that we can give you the best experience possible, people (“users”) who register and either commence or complete the HEQ will voluntarily provide us with personal information that may include:
- date, month and year of birth;
- current city;
- country of residence;
- age group;
- email address;
- your generalised location and type of a mobile device you use to complete the quiz;
- profile photo (if accessing the site via Facebook or Google login);
- profile picture URL; and
- Phone number.
5. The HEQ will ask you to respond to questions about your health that may reveal personal or health information such as:
- you reasons for the completing the survey;
- your weight and height; and
- your diet.
6. You may choose not to provide us with the information we request but it may prevent you from completing the quiz or affect the quality of the feedback you receive.
7. We will securely hold information you provide to us for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we collected it. We take the security of data seriously and will take all reasonable security safeguards to secure the information. We take reasonable steps to protect all information which we hold from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We take reasonable steps to hold information securely in electronic form. We store information in electronic databases that require University of Newcastle staff to have authorised access only. Staff must use logins and passwords and staff with access are subject to confidentiality obligations.
8. You may have your details deleted at any time by emailing email@example.com.
Why do we need your information?
9. Your personal information may be used for purposes including:
- Research and purposes related to it;
- To assist us to improve the quiz;
- To facilitate internal business operations, such as quality assurance and administration purposes;
- To identify potential participants in research projects; and
- To allow us to contact you to ask you to participate in a future research project.
How do we use the information we hold about?
The information you provide will be used to help you and to help us.
10. If you use the Quiz, once you have completed the Quiz, we will:
- analyse your responses;
- estimate your dietary intake;
- provide feedback on the nutritional quality of your diet; and
- send you literature designed to assist you with your ‘motivator’, provide timely reminders to you and provide a benchmark on previous scores to help you achieve your goals.
11. If you consent, your Quiz responses and the feedback on the nutritional quality of your diet will be disclosed to researchers within the University of Newcastle for the purpose of conducting research using the data. When we provide your results and responses to our researchers, all identifying information will be removed.
12. We may pass on your personal information to an organisation that provides the Service under their own brand.
We might use your information to communicate directly with you
13. If you provide personal information for the Quiz, we may use your personal information to communicate with you, including, but not limited to, by email and SMS. We may communicate with you about products and services which we consider might be of interest to you. This may include, but is not limited to, providing you with relevant resources, dietary advice, and recipe suggestions.
14. We will usually not contact a user more than twice per month, but it might be more than that. You may opt out of receiving these types of communications at any time by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
You might see ads about some of our other projects
15. We are proud of the work we are doing at the University and we want you to know about other projects we think might interest you. So, we may use the information you provide to target advertising to you. That means targeted advertisements like banner ads may appear to you when you are on other websites and apps and might be about our latest studies, events and resources.
16. Third party vendors show you ads on sites across the internet. These ads are based on a user’s past visits to the HEQ and No Money No Time web site by using cookies.
17. To make sure we send you the right sort of advertisement, we and the services we use, make use of technologies such as pixels, ad tags, web beacons, cookies, and mobile identifiers. You will find more information about this below.
We use third party services to help us out.
18. We want to make clear that we will not sell any of your information to a third party.
19. We will not disclose your personal or health information to anyone except in the ways we describe in this policy, unless we are required to do so by law.
20. We may share your personal information to third parties for the purpose of:
- data analysis;
- testing; and
- Improving our services.
21. Here we tell you what third party services we use, a bit about them, and what you can do if you want to opt out.
|Third party service||What it does||Can I opt out?|
|We use Google Analytics.||
Google is used to track anonymised user actions on the website to allow us to create more informed decisions on the future development of the site to provide better services and functions
So you know, we use three specific features:
|Yes. To opt out, visit this site or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.|
|We use Google Marketing Platform's remarketing pixels.||Remarketing pixels allow Google to identify that you have visited our website.||Yes. To opt out, visit this site or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.|
|We use Facebook Custom Audience Service||
Third party vendors will show you ads on sites across the internet. These ads are based on a user’s past visits to your web site by using cookies.Facebook may use that information to provide measurement services, target ads and as described in their Data Policy.
|You cannot opt out of our use of Facebook Custom Audience Service. But, when we provide your personal information (such as email or phone number) to Facebook, it is anonymised.|
Facebook pixel – are used to track anonymised user actions on the website to allow us to create more informed decisions on the future development of the site to provide better services and functionsTo find out more about what Facebook pixel does, click here.
|No. But, the information provided is anonymised and no attempt is made to identify you.|
|We use Hotjar.||Hotjar uses analytical cookies to identify technical issues with the website.||You cannot opt out of the use of Hotjar.|
|We use ActiveCampaign||ActiveCampaign is a service that allows us to send you messages. We disclose your personal information to ActiveCampaign.||You cannot opt out of the use of ActiveCampaign.|
We use some cookies.
23. You may request access to the personal information that you provided to us at any time, and you can request that we correct that personal information. We will give you access to your personal information, and will take reasonable steps to correct it if we consider that it is incorrect, unless there is a law that allows or requires us not to. If we refuse to give you access to your personal information, or to correct it, we will notify you in writing and will provide reasons. If you would like to access or correct your personal information, please contact us by email at email@example.com.